【周四习语课】习语习语,习惯成自然!

今天是习语课时间,所谓习语,其实就是习惯性使用的短语。用得久了,自然而然就使用顺畅,像母语一样自如!

1. all in all总而言之;总的来说

A: Are you tired? We have seen many places today.

B: Yes, a little. But all in all it was a good day.

A:你累吗?今天我们可是看过了很多地方。

B:是啊,有一点。但总而言之今天过得很不错。

The plan has a few bad points, but all in all I think it will work.

这个计划有些不足之处,但总得来说我觉得它会有用的。

2. so far, so good 到目前为止一切都好

A: How are you doing?

A:你们好吗?

B: Well, so far so good. I hope we keep on with such good luck.

B:到目前为止一切都好。希望我们的好运气能继续。

So far, so good. If we don’t make any mistakes, we can go home early.

目前为止,一切顺利。如果不出错,我们可以早点回家。

3. not to mention 更不必说,除……外(还)

A: He’s got three daughters, not to mention four sons.

B: He sure has got a big family.

A:他除三个女儿之外,还有四个儿子。

B:他的确有一大家子人啊。

She’s got a lot of work to do today, not to mention the party she has to go to tonight.

她今天有很多工作要做,更不必说晚上那个晚会她还得参加。

4.  inside out 衣服穿反,里面朝外;彻底

A: Your shirt is inside out.

B: Oh, I never realized that. Thank you for telling me.

A:你的衬衫里面穿到外面来了。

B:哦,我都不知道。谢谢你告诉我。

I've been studying this material for weeks now, so I know it inside and out.

这份材料我已经研究了几个星期了,所以我现在了解得很透彻。

5. play it safe谨慎行事,求稳,不冒险,为了保险起见

A: OK. Let’s get going. They may have been waiting for us already.

B: Hey, wait. We’d better play it safe and check the oil.

A:好吧,咱们出发吧。他们可能已经在等我们了。

B:嗨,等等。咱们最好稳当点,先看看油有没有问题。

You’d better play it safe and take an umbrella.

为保险起见你最好带把伞。

Now it's your time to open your mouth and follow me! 张开嘴巴跟着录音练起来!


(0)

相关推荐