怒气冲冲,用英语怎么表达

用多种方式表达同一种意思,提高口语表达的灵活性,增强英语语感,让自己无论什么时候都不卡顿,都是自信满满的。
在英语中表达“生气或愤怒”的单词或短语很多,例如:angry,irritate,piss off 等:
angry:
Please don't be angry with me. It wasn't my fault.
请别冲着我发脾气,不是我的错。
The passengers grew angry about the delay.
延误使乘客气愤起来。
irritate:
The way she puts on that accent really irritates me.
她故意操那种口音的样子实在令我恼火。
She was getting more and more irritated at his comments.
她对他的评论越来越感到恼火。
表达“生气或愤怒”还可以用一些习语,例如:blazing row 或 bite one's head off 等等:
blazing row:
My husband has just had a blazing row with his boss.
我丈夫刚和他老板大吵了一架。
The couple had a blazing row about the amount money spent on shopping in the middle of the shopping mall.
这对夫妇大吵了一架,因为在购物中心花了很多钱买东西。
bite one's head off:
His mother nearly bit his head off when he got his new shoes dirty.
他把新鞋弄脏了,他妈妈差点气炸了。
I'm afraid that if I ask for a leave now, my boss will bite my head off.
我担心如果我现在请假,老板会生气的。
还有今天要介绍的 in a huff [hʌf],huff 译为“怒气冲冲,生气地说”,它可以作名词,也可以作动词,例如:
June was very upset because her mother would not buy her a new pair of shoes, so she stormed out of the room in a huff.
琼很不高兴,因为她妈妈不给她买新鞋,所以她怒气冲冲地走出了房间。
Alice is in a huff because her best friend promised to go out with her, but at the last minute she had to cancel.
爱丽丝生气了,因为她最好的朋友答应和她一起出去,但最后一刻她只好取消了。
My inability to make up my mind about where I want to go for supper has put my husband in a huff, I think that I will have to make a decision quickly, otherwise I will go hungry.
我拿不定主意要去哪里吃晚饭,这使我丈夫很生气,我想我得赶快做决定,否则我会挨饿的。
对应 huff 的还有一个习语 huff and puff,它有两个意思:
1、气喘吁吁;上气不接下气
Running to catch the bus has left me huffing and puffing.
跑去赶公共汽车使我气喘吁吁。
解析:动名词短语作主语,谓语动词用单数。
We huffed and puffed, but we did finally manage to get the couch up the steps.
我们气喘吁吁,但最终还是把沙发抬上了台阶。
2、发脾气;愤然不理;生闷气;气呼呼
After much huffing and puffing, she finally agreed to help.
她生了好一阵闷气之后才终于同意帮忙。
发脾气是每个人的权力,但是少发脾气是素养。偶尔发脾气有助于身心健康,但切勿乱发脾气,因为不但会伤害到自己,也会波及其他人。
(0)

相关推荐