爱情小唱(54)· 英国文学名篇选译
【编者按】:相比之前那篇,这篇更像是《伤心咖啡馆之歌》里的单恋者的自白,此处荐香黛儿的《Impossible》。
爱情小唱(54)
Of the worlds theatre in which we stay,
我们站在这个世界的舞台,
My love like the spectator ydly sits
而我的爱人则像是旁坐的观众
Beholding me that all the pageants play,
看着我扮演着找各种各样的角色,
Disguysing diversly my troubled wits.
纷繁的表演掩饰着我不安的内心。
Sometimes I joy when glad occasion fits,
偶尔我会适时喜悦,
And mask in myrth lyke to a comedy:
戴上笑容的面具就像一场喜剧:
Soone after when my joy to sorrow flits,
很快喜悦便化为悲伤,
I waile and make my woes a tragedy.
我愁苦地将伤痛扭成一场悲剧。
Yet she, beholding me with constant eye,
然而她,用平静的双眸冷冷注视,
Delights not in my merth nor rues my smart:
不因我的喜悦而欢欣,也不因我的伤痛而悲哀:
But when I laugh she mocks, and when I cry
但是当我喜悦的时候她却嘲笑,而当我哭泣的时候
She laughs and hardens evermore her heart.
她却欢欣异常甚至更加铁石了心肠。
What then can move her? if nor merth nor mone,
什么才能够打动她呢?如果不是欢欣或是哀愁,
She is no woman, but a senseless stone.
大概她不是什么女人,而是一块无情的石头。
以上英文原文选自王佐良、李赋宁、周钰良、刘承沛 主编 《英国文学名篇选注》。
END