做自己的光,不依附于人,有可能吗?
You are incapable of inquiring, finding out, because our conditioning is to depend, to be directed, to be told what to do, what to believe.
你无法探究、发现,因为我们的局限是依赖、被指导、被告知该做什么、该相信什么。
This is a fact, isn't it?
这是事实,不是吗?
So, is it possible to be a light to oneself and not depend on a single person?
那么,做自己的光,不依附于人,有可能吗?
Of course you depend on the milkman, on the postman, on the policeman who keeps order at a crossroad.
当然,你依赖送奶工、邮递员、在十字路口维持秩序的警察。
You depend on a surgeon, on a doctor.
你依赖外科医生,依赖医生。
But inwardly, psychologically, to think clearly for oneself, to observe one's own reactions and responses and ask if one can be completely a light to oneself.
但是在内心,心理上,要为自己思考清楚,观察自己的反应和响应,问自己是否可以完全成为自己的光。
You understand what that means, to be a light to oneself, not self-confidence, not self-reliance.
你明白是什么意思,做自己的光,不是自信,不是自立。
Self-confidence is a part of selfishness.
自信是自私的一部分。
It is part of egotism.
这是自负的一部分。
But to be a light to oneself which requires great freedom, a very clear brain, not a conditioned brain.
但要成为自己的光,这需要很大的自由,一个非常清晰的大脑,而不是一个有局限的大脑。
We will go into, look how the activity of the brain, what is the relationship of brain to the mind.
我们会深入研究,看看大脑是如何活动的,大脑与头脑的关系是什么。
We will go into all that presently.
我们现在将讨论所有这些。
But one must be very active, not merely intellectually, which is verbally, active with one's ideas.
但是一个人必须非常活跃,而不仅仅是在智力上,口头上,一个人的想法很活跃。
I do not, the speaker does not mean that.
我不是,演讲者不是那个意思。
To have an active brain, to challenge, to question, to doubt.
要有活跃的大脑,去挑战,去质疑,去怀疑。
That means to have energy.
那意味着有能量。
But when you depend on others you lose energy.
但是当您依赖他人时,您会失去能量。
That is what is happening.
这就是正在发生的事情。
So we are asking if this is the root cause of all this confusion, uncertainty, insecurity, this breaking up of this country into parties which all indicates a state of chaos.
所以我们要问,这是否是所有这些混乱、不确定、不安全、这个国家分裂成党派的根本原因,这一切都表明混乱状态。
And we are responsible for it.
我们对此负有责任。
Each one of us is responsible for what is happening.
我们每个人都对正在发生的事情负责。
And so we are going together seriously, amicably with a great sense of affection with each other, enquire and see if we cannot go beyond all this.
所以我们认真地、友好地走到一起,彼此怀着极大的感情,询问并看看我们是否能超越这一切。
So you are here for that purpose, not to be instructed, not to be told or given a direction.
所以你来这里是为了那个目的,不是被指示,不是被告知或被给予指导。
Talk 1, New Delhi, 30 October 1982
第1讲,新德里,1982年10月30日