职场口语——After the meeting会议后

实用短语

ask for leave

请假

May I ask for leave tomorrow?

我明天能请假吗?

Could you ask for leave for me? I need to go home.

你能帮我请假吗?我需要回家。

turn down

拒绝

I thanked him for the offer but turned it down.

我感谢了他的好意,但是拒绝了。

turned down his invitation.

我拒绝了他的要求。

经典对话

A: Good afternoon, Tim. I asked for leave this morning, could you tell me something about the meeting in the morning?

下午好,蒂姆。今天早上我请假了,你能告诉我关于早上开会的事宜吗?

B: Certainly. On the whole, the meeting was quite successful. There was a lively discussion on each subject.

当然了。本次会议整体上还是比较成功的,每一个议题都进行了热烈的讨论。

A: Sounds great. I regret not taking part in the meeting. I am very concerned about whether the previous resolutions have been passed.

听起来很不错,我很后悔没有参加这次会议,我很关心是否通过了之前的决议。

B: Some resolutions have been passed and others need to be discussed at another meeting tomorrow.

有一些通过了,还有一些需要明天再开个会讨论一下。

A: Do you mean to have another meeting again?

你的意思说要再开一个会?

是的,你可以去看一下南希的会议记录,非常详细,这样你就可以熟悉会议内容了。

minute除了表示“片刻,分钟”,还可以表示“会议记录”,具体回顾点这☞:你觉得想不到!“minute”还有这层意思?

familiarize/fəˈmɪliəraɪz/表示“使熟悉”

A: Nancy? The secretary of our general manager?

Nancy?总经理秘书吗?

B: Yes. Her office is on the third floor to the left.

是的,她的办公室在三楼,左手边。

但是我跟她不太熟悉,她会借给我吗?

别担心,她很好相处,而且很乐于助人。去试试吧,她应该不会拒绝你的。

A: I hope so.

但愿如此。

B: If you need any help, just let me know.

如果你需要帮忙,就告诉我。

A: Thank you.

谢谢。

(0)

相关推荐