[第251次听写]古生物学怎么说?

我是Wind, 以前是字幕组组长. 我每天早上听写1分钟美剧, 已经坚持8个月了. 你想不想找一种轻松愉快的方式提升自己的英语? 跟我一起每天做听写吧!

Wind大长图节选

So, on a dare, I picked paleontology.

dare=v 我看你敢不敢做某事, 激将某人
to persuade someone to do something dangerous, difficult, or embarrassing so that they can show that they are not afraid
I dare you to tell her you have a crush on her.
dare=n 指你激将别人去做的这件事
She learned to fly on a dare.
你玩过真心话大冒险吗? 嗯, 那个就是dare了

paleontology=n 古生物学 /ˌpeɪliənˈtɑlədʒi/
the study of fossils (= the remains of animals or plants in rocks) as a guide to the history of life on earth
Ross在朋友的激将之下选择了一个很难的专业: 古生物学

视频答案

从第141篇开始, 我不再放出我自己听写的版本, 而是改为在答案上标记重难点, 大家特别注意一下我加粗的地方.

1 (And) everyone’s telling me, you gotta pick a major, you gotta pick a major.
每个人都在告诉我, 你必须得选一个专业, 你必须得选一个专业

2 So, on a dare, I picked paleontology.
所以, 在别人的激将法下, 我选择了古生物学

3 And you have no idea what I’m saying, because, let’s face it, you’re a fetus.
你完全不知道我在说什么, 因为, 咱们直面现实吧, 你是一个胎儿

4 You’re just happy you don’t have gills anymore.
你只是很高兴你没有鳃了

5 Look, you don’t have to talk to it.
瞧, 你不需要非得跟它说话

6 You can sing to it if you want to.
你可以对着它唱歌, 如果你想的话

7 Oh, please. I am not singing to your stomach, (ok)?
噢, 拜托. 我才不要对着你的肚皮唱歌, 好吧?

8 (Hi), how’s it goin’?
嗨, 怎么样?

9 (Oh, Shh, shh, shh)! Here we come, walkin’ down the street, get the funniest looks from, everyone we meet. Hey, hey!
(嘘嘘嘘) 我们开始吧, 沿着街道向下走, 我们见到的每一个人的表情都非常滑稽. 嗨, 嗨

10 -Hey, uh, (hah), did you just feel that? -I did.
-嗨, 呃, 啊, 你感觉到那个了吗? -我感觉到了

11(well), Does it always, (uh)?  -No, no that was the first.
(这个), 它总是, 呃…? 不, 不, 那是它第一次

12 (Well), Keep singing! Keep singing!
嗯, 继续唱! 继续唱!

(0)

相关推荐