当你运气好到爆时,用英文怎么表达呢?
BGM-Inspire
已更新最新版微信的同学记得给卡卡的公众号加星呦
早上起床,没有什么比一段超级能量的音乐更加让人清醒了。Coldplay 的Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall 就给我一种浑身过电,奔跑中兴奋阿地追逐的晨光的狂喜。欢快的节奏和带感的贝斯,还有马汀独特的鼻音超重的唱腔,不信你们听:
…..
And all the kids they dance all the kids dance all night
孩子们啊不知疲倦的通宵跳着舞
Until Monday morning feels another life
不知不觉,周一的早晨悄悄降临,又是一个新的开始
I turn the music up
我将音乐音量调大
I'm on a roll this time
我这次鸿运当头
And heaven is in sight
天堂触手可及
The phrase dates back to the time when gambling was a common occurrence. When someone kept rolling the dice it meant that they were winning. It is derived from the idea when something starts rolling, it will continue to do so if there is no outside force that stops it. The phrase was used to describe a prolonged winning streak.
这个短语可以追溯到赌博普遍存在的时期。当有人持续掷骰子时,就意味着他们赢了。这个短语取自于如果某物没有外界干涉,一直转动的状态。这个短语被用来形容长时间的连胜。
on a roll : having a long period of success or good fortune
运气好;超常发挥;做得很顺
01
Our team has won eleven out of twelve matches this season. We are on a roll.
我们队在本赛季的十二场比赛中赢了十一场。我们实在是超常发挥了。
02
I am going to bet on the hockey tonight. Our team has been on a roll this season.
今晚我要赌曲棍球。本赛季我们队一直处于领先状态。
03
Their party is on a roll this year. I think they are going to win the election.
他们的政党今年在运气很好。我认为他们会赢得选举。
点击下方空白区域查看答案
▼
The stock market is on a roll at the moment. You need to invest before it turns.
股票市场目前行情很好。你需要在行情变化之前投资。
能量音乐
更多阅读(点击下方文字收听)
神回复-国外超级搞笑的英文便条
Positive Language Positive Mind Positive Life