[第327次听写]常见的知乎体“xxx是一种怎样的体验”用英语怎么表达?

我是Wind, 以前是字幕组组长. 我每天早上听写1分钟美剧, 已经坚持10个月了. 你想不想找一种轻松愉快的方式提升自己的英语? 跟我一起每天做听写吧!

Wind大长图节选

-Hey, Sheldon, have you told Amy what it was like for you growing up in Texas? -No.

What is xxx like?=xxx是怎么样的?
What’s their house like inside?
What are Dan’s parents like?

What is it like to do sth/doing sth=xxx是怎样一种体验
What is it like to read the entire dictionary?
What is it like growing up with a big family?

注意在从句中, 要调整语序
所以本来是What was it like growing up in Texas
到了从句中就成了Have you told Amy what it was like growing up…

视频答案

从第141篇开始, 我不再放出我自己听写的版本, 而是改为在答案上标记重难点, 大家特别注意一下我加粗的地方。

1 -Guys, how 'bout some music? -(Oh, no), I wouldn’t care for that. Amy?
-你们要不要来点音乐? -不, 我不想听音乐. Amy, 你呢?

2 -No, thank you. -Okay. Uncomfortable silence it is.
-不用, 谢谢 -好吧. 那就尴尬的沉默吧

3 -Hey, Sheldon, have you told Amy what it was like for you growing up in Texas? -No.
-嗨, Sheldon, 你有告诉过Amy在德州长大是怎样一种体验吗? -没

4 -(Well), why don’t you tell her? -All right. It was hell.
-那你跟她讲讲呗? -行. 那是地狱

5 -Any follow up, Amy? -No.
-有没有什么想问的, Amy? -没

6 I myself grew up in Nebraska. Small town outside of Omaha.(you know) Nice place, mostly family farms, a few meth labs.
我自己是在内布拉斯加州长大的. 奥马哈附近的一个小镇. 不错的地方, 大部分是家庭农场. 加上几个制毒的窝点

7 I’m sorry, how is this better than uncomfortable silence?
抱歉, 这个如何比尴尬的沉默更好呢?

8 -I don’t know. I was just trying something. -Muggles.
-我不知道. 只是试图找点话题 -麻瓜

(0)

相关推荐