校长写给家长们的求助信

Chris Cochran is an assistant principal from Bentonville, Arkansas.

克里斯·柯克兰是阿肯色州贝克威尔郡的一名副校长。

His recent Facebok post on students' unsupervised cellphone use went viral and is reprinted here with permission.

他最近关于学生们随意使用手机的一篇脸书推文爆红网络,经允许后在这里分享给大家。

Cochran describes himself as "a father, husband, and forward-thinking school leader who focuses on bringing teams together to create safe and innovative educational environments for all students to learn and thrive in.

柯克兰他自己“也是一名父亲,是一名丈夫,同时也是一名学校领导人。他致力于带领教师团队,为所有在这里学习和进步的学生们创建出安全而创新的教育氛围。”

He is an amateur adventurer, aspiring creative and mountain lover who believes that true culture change begins in the classroom."

他同时也是一名业余探险爱好者崇拜创意和登山爱好者,同时认为,真正的文化改变是从教室开始的。

以下就是他的推文。

Warning: Public Education Rant to Parents

警告:写给父母的公共教育警示

Parents.

各位亲爱的父母们:

I am an assistant principal in a middle school (grades 6-8).

我是一名初中的副校长。

My No. 1 job is to create and sustain a school environment where both students and teachers feel safe (physically, emotionally and mentally) to teach, learn, innovate and socialize.

我的首要工作就是创建和维护这样的学校氛围,在这里能让学生和老师们无论是教还是学,创新,还是社交时能感到身体,情感,以及心理上的安全。

I take my job very seriously, as do my colleagues, and we work very hard to grow in our capacity to do our job on a daily basis.

我对待自己的工作严肃认真,所有的同事们也都一样,我们平时都非常努力地提升自己的工作能力。

I can’t begin to describe how much time I spend every day dealing with issues that stem from unsupervised cellphone usage by our students.

简直难以描述,我每天要花多少时间去处理那些同学们偷用手机造成的问题。

In situations where I have to search a student's cellphone I often get sick to my stomach at what I find (highly inappropriate photos, videos, messages, social media usage, etc).

有时我不得不去看一个学生的手机内容时,对于我在手机里看到的那些严重少儿不宜的照片,视频,信息以及社交媒体使用记录,我感到非常反胃而担心。

The things our students are willing to try and be a part of at such a young age gets worse and worse every year.

每年那些年轻的学生们都在刷新着不良行为的下限。

When I call parents to inform them of what is going on, I always ask them how often they search their kids' phones.

当我打电话给家长报告这些事的时候,我总是会问他们,你们多久看一次自己孩子的手机。

The shock gets even worse when 90% of them say hardly ever or never.

当听到90%的家长都几乎不,或者从来不看孩子的手机时,我感到非常的震惊。

And then they get upset at me, accuse me of lying to them about their kids' roles in certain situations, or expect me to somehow fix the situation.

这些家长还会对我感到愤怒,指责我在说谎,又或者期望我来改变这样的情形。

Parents.

各位家长。

It is your No. 1 job as a parent to get in your kids' way at all times.

你们作为监护人的首要任务,就是要随时监管他们。

Kids do not deserve privacy.

这些小孩子是谈不上什么隐私的。

You own their devices, not them.

这些手机是你给他买的,不是属于他们自己的。

You should be having the hard conversations with them about life, relationships, their bodies, their futures, etc.

关于他们的人生,人际关系,身体和未来,你都应该跟他们进行严肃的谈话。

It is your responsibility to provide social and emotional support, help build coping skills, and monitor their activities.

家长有责任提供社交和情感上的支持,帮助培养他们的适应技能,并监管他们的行为。

And stop actively working against schools and start working with us.

请不要来跟我们学校做对,跟我们的老师们做对。

We are not the enemy.

我们并不是你们的敌人。

We are trying to fulfill the role of both parent and educator in many situations and that is a very delicate and difficult line to walk.

很多时候我们又要扮演家长要扮演教育者,这是一个很难做的事情。

Here are 3 tips for "getting in your child’s way":

以下三条建议可以帮大家管好孩子。

-Eat dinner as a family every night and actually talk.

第一,每天晚上全家一起吃饭,大家边吃边聊。

No devices allowed.

这时候不准用手机。

Current research suggests that parents only spend about 8 minutes a day in conversation with their kids.

最近研究发现,父母平均每天跟孩子对话的时间只有8分钟。

That’s unacceptable.

这是严重不足的。

-Check their devices EVERY SINGLE NIGHT.

第二,每晚都要查看他们的手机。

You need to learn how to navigate their world.

你们需要学会如何引领好他们的世界。

Inform yourself on how to use certain apps.

有些App你得学一学怎么用。

Keep up with what apps are the most downloaded in the App Store.

App商店最热门的那些App,要跟着去学。

Make your kid show you their content and conversations and explain to you what is going on.

要让孩子们把他们的手机内容和对话给你看,并解释发生了什么事情。

Then give them advice.

然后给出建议。

MAKE CONTENT WITH THEM and be part of their online presence.

要让孩子们满意,同时参与到他们的网上生活中去。

-Create opportunities for them to have experiences.

第三,创造机会,让他们得到锻炼。

Take them to do new things.

带他们去尝试新鲜的事情。

See new things.

去看新事物。

Learn new things.

学新东西。

This not only strengthens their brain development, emotional development and builds resiliency in kids, but it also strengthens your relationship with them.

这不仅有助于他们的大脑发育,情感发育,培养他们的灵活机智,同时还能够改善你和他们之间的关系。

And finally, do not let them take their phones into their rooms, shut their doors and disappear for hours.

最后一点,千万不要让他们带着手机回自己的房间关上门,好几个小时不出来?

Nothing good ever happens on the internet behind closed doors.

门一关,他们上网时肯定不干好事。

It is by far the most dangerous place our students go every day.

这是目前我们学生每天所处的最危险的地方。

Please.

拜托各位。

Help us with this.

大家一起来帮帮我们吧。

问题

校长总共给家长们提了几点建议?

留言回复正确答案,前十名朋友可以获得红包奖励哦,赶快来试试吧。

END

感谢关注

跟amber一起看世界

(0)

相关推荐