雅思口语| Part2: 给别人建议A time you gave advice to others(减肥)

have been starving myself for days  已经饿好几天了

haven’t lost an ounce 一点也没减下来

Oh man! I’ve been starving myself for days now and I haven’t lost an ounce!

天哪!如今我已经饿好几天了,却一点也没减下来。

lose weight 减肥

Are you trying to lose weight?你在努力减肥吗?

be a bridesmaid 做伴娘

fit into my dress 穿上礼服

look nice for her wedding 在她婚礼上漂亮些

love handles 腰间赘肉

Yeah, my friend is getting married next month and I’m supposed to be a bridesmaid. I have to fit into my dress and look nice for her wedding, but I haven’t lost any weight! Look at these love handles.是呀,我朋友下个月结婚,我要做伴娘,我必须要能穿上礼服,在她婚礼上漂亮些。但是我根本就没减掉肥。你看这些游泳圈(腰间赘肉)!

starve yourself to lose weight 通过挨饿来减肥

go wrong 方法错了

You don’t have to starve yourself to lose weight. I think that’s where you’re going wrong.你没必要通过挨饿来减肥,我认为你方法错了。

eat away at my fat reserves 消耗掉储存的多余脂肪

Why? If I eat less, then my body will start eating away at my fat reserves right?为什么?如果我吃的少,那么身体就会消耗掉储存的多余脂肪,不是吗?

try to not eat foods high in calories, salts or saturated fats 不应该吃高热量高糖和高脂肪的食物

oily food 油炸食品

artificial flavors 人造香料

Not really. You should try to not eat foods high in calories, salts or saturated fats. Stay away from oily food and artificial flavors.并非如此。你不应该吃高热量,高糖和高脂肪的食物。远离油炸食品和人造香料。

watch what I eat 慎重选择吃什么

So you are saying that I should eat, but I should just watch what I eat?

所以你是说我应该吃,但要慎重选择吃什么?

reduce your intake of carbohydrates /ˌkɑːbəʊˈhaɪdreɪts/and foods that are high in cholesterol /kəˈlestərɒl/ 少吃糖类和高胆固醇的食物

Yes! You can also try to reduce your intake of carbohydrates and foods that are high in cholesterol.  是的,你应该少吃糖类和高胆固醇的食物。

have steamed veggies 吃些水煮的蔬菜 

increase your protein intake多吃些富含蛋白质的食物

You can have steamed veggies or increase your protein intake found in chicken or fish.你可以吃些水煮的蔬菜,多吃些富含蛋白质的食物,比如鸡肉和鱼肉。

lose twenty pounds 减掉20镑

If I do all this do you think I can lose twenty pounds in four weeks?如果我按照你说的做,你认为四周内,我能减掉20镑吗?

(0)

相关推荐