致父母:孩子成年前必须知道的12个真相!
部分图文来自网站Brightside,由英语口语(kouyu8)整理编辑,转载需注明出处
Mistakes are a rewarding experience.
犯错是一种收获
Mistakes are a rewarding experience that no one can avoid on the road to happiness.
犯错是一种收获,在通往幸福的道路上谁也无法避免。
Don’t give up, but think about them, draw conclusions, and keep moving toward your goal.
2
Perfect people don’t exist.
世上没有完美的人
Everyone doesn’t know how to do something and fails sometimes.
每个人都不知道如何做某事,有时也会失败。
The secret to success is simple — rise more often than you fall.
成功的秘诀很简单——上升的次数比跌倒多得多。
3
Respect yourself.
尊重自己
Other people’s opinions shouldn’t influence you.
别人的意见不应该影响你。
Be able to listen to yourself and independently determine your strengths and weaknesses on which you’re going to work.
4
Your first love maybe won’t last your whole life.
初恋并不一定会伴你余生
Your first love won’t necessarily last your whole life.
你的初恋不一定会持续一生。
People grow up and may go separate ways.
人们长大了,可能会分道扬镳。
You should learn a lesson from unsuccessful relationships but never lose faith in love.
5
Kindness works wonders.
善良创造奇迹
Give your bully a compliment from the bottom of your heart and you’ll see that nasty guy turn into a boy with a good soul.
Help when you have extra but don’t give the last thing you have.
可以帮助别人,当你有额外的精力的时候, 但不要倾尽所有。
99% of people won’t appreciate it.
99% 的人不会欣赏它。
Don’t do good for just anyone.
不要随便为任何人做好事。
7
Observe how he treats the animals.
观察他如何对待动物
If you want to get to know the guy better, see how he treats animals.
如果你想更了解这个家伙,看看他是如何对待动物的。
A person with a kind heart will never offend a little creature who can’t fight back.
8
Keep Yourself.
做自己
Don’t lose yourself trying to make things comfortable for others.
不要为了让别人舒服而失去自己。
Life is a journey where only you decide whether you want to reshape yourself to fit into the standards to please everyone or live for your own pleasure.
9
Trust yourself.
相信自己
When your confidence in yourself weakens, stop and listen to your heart.
当你对自己的信心减弱时,请停下脚步,听听自己的心声。
No one knows better than you what’s right for you.
10
Make sure you have somewhere to go.
保证你有处可去
Don’t rush to sell your only apartment so that you and your husband can buy a bigger one.
不要因为你和你的丈夫可以买一个更大的公寓,就急于卖掉你唯一的公寓。
Always have a backup place where you can go if your spouse turns out to be less than a prince.
11
Experiences are more valuable.
经历更加重要
Things will only make you happy for a short time.
事情只会让你获得短暂的快乐。
Experiences are more valuable than things.
经历比事物更有价值。
It doesn’t matter how much your phone costs when you walk around Manhattan.
12
Cherish the friends who stay.
珍惜留下来的朋友
Many school friends will disappear from your life immediately after graduation.
许多学校的朋友在毕业后会立即从你的生活中消失。
If you’re lucky to stay friends with at least one of them, take care of this treasure.
编辑|Azhi
赞 (0)