[第326次听写]方块舞这么重要的美国文化你了解吗?
我是Wind, 以前是字幕组组长. 我每天早上听写1分钟美剧, 已经坚持10个月了. 你想不想找一种轻松愉快的方式提升自己的英语? 跟我一起每天做听写吧!
Wind大长图节选
Does square-dancing with my sister at a Teens for Jesus Fourth of July Hoedown count as a date?
这是本课最难的一个句子, 我们来详细解析它
首先, 整句的框架是does xxx count as a date=xxx算约会吗?
类似的比如Does helping with my little brother’s homework count as teaching experience?
再比如Well, I’ve been in a few school plays, does it count?
越是复杂的句子, 越是要先抓住主干
square dance=方块舞, 方形舞
square dance=an active, often fast-moving dance in which each of four pairs of dancers takes a position opposite another pair and at the same distance, forming a square
一种节奏明快的, 4对舞伴一起跳的, 组成一个方形形状的舞蹈
这是一种在美国民间, 特别是乡间颇为流行的舞蹈, 美国有19个州都把square dance作为official state dance(州舞)
注意中国的广场舞也被翻译为square dance
但这里square是取广场的意思, 原文中的square是取方块的意思
广场舞是中国的一种文化现象, 谢耳朵他们跳的不是广场舞
Teens for Christ. Teens for Christ (TFC) is a non-profit organization whose aim is that of “turning teenagers into fully committed followers of Jesus Christ”
Teens for Christ(TFC)是一个非营利组织, 目标是要把年轻人变成虔诚的基督徒
Teens for Jesus应该是和这个组织有关吧
即使无关, 这个活动的目的肯定也是希望让年轻人多参加宗教相关的活动
Fourth of July=7月4日, 这是美国的国庆日
hoedown=an informal country party where people do square dances
一个非正式的乡村舞会, 人们会跳方块舞等
Teens for Jesus Fourth of July Hoedown
这一连串词首字母大写, 所以这是一个专有名词, 是这个活动的名称
所以就是7月4日国庆节那天举办的一个目的是为了让年轻人信仰基督的一个舞会, 人们在舞会上跳方块舞
视频答案
从第141篇开始, 我不再放出我自己听写的版本, 而是改为在答案上标记重难点, 大家特别注意一下我加粗的地方。
1 -Is this your first date? -That depends.
-这是你的第一次约会吗? -不好说
2 Does square-dancing with my sister at a Teens for Jesus Fourth of July Hoedown count as a date?
和我妹妹在国庆日的一个宗教性舞会上跳方块舞算是约会吗?
3 -No. -Then, this is my first date.
-不算 -那么这是我的第一次约会
4 Okay. Well, then there’s a couple of things you should probably know.
嗯. 那么有几件事你或许应该知道一下
5 I have a master’s degree and two doctorates. The things I should know, I do know.
我有一个硕士学位和两个博士学位. 我应该知道的事情, 我都知道了
6 My point is, I know more about dating than you, and if you were as smart as you think you are, you would listen to me.
我的意思是, 我对于约会比你知道的更多, 如果你像你认为的那么聪明的话, 你应该听听我要说的
7 If you know so much, how come I have a date tonight and you have nothing better to do than drive me to it?
如果你知道的很多, 怎么会我今晚有一个约会, 而你却没事做, 开车送我去呢?
8 Fair point.
有道理