实用又地道的英语叠词,超好用!blah blah...
“本文来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,侵权删
中华文化博大精深
叠词在语句中显得有文采、有诗意
例如:寻寻觅觅,冷冷清清,凄凄惨惨戚戚。
一念起来,感觉场面简直美到不行
英语里也有类似的“英语叠词”
blah blah
无聊乏味的讲话;夸夸其谈
Oh blah blah blah - I've heard it all before!
哇啦哇啦说了一大堆——都是我以前听过的!
Get to the point. Not just blah blah blah.
把这一点讲清楚。不要只是夸夸其谈。
goody-goody
伪善的人,老好人
He's a bit of a goody-goody.
他是个老好人。
Yet he hasn't put his goody-goody theory to the test.
不过,他还没有将这套伪善的理论付诸实践。
chop-chop
快,赶快
Come on, chop-chop, we're late!
快,赶快,我们要迟到了!
Chop-chop! We haven't got all day!
快!快!我们的时间不多!
drip-drip
雨水声,不断滴水
形容坏事缓慢发生的过程
The only sound was a steady drip-drip from the branches of the trees.
唯一的声音是不断从树枝上滴下来的水的声音。
Negative thinking can make all sorts of things incredibly difficult. It is like a leak in your confidence bucket-constantly drip-drip-dripping away your confidence and self esteem.
消极的想法会使一些事情变得异常困难,它就像水桶上的一个窟窿,让你本来满溢的自信和自尊一点点的流失。
pooh-pooh
对…不屑一顾,表示轻蔑或不耐烦
I think you might pooh-pooh this idea.
我觉得你可能会对这个主意嗤之以鼻。
There are people who gather in the spas and watering places of this world who pooh-pooh our fortune.
那些聚集在矿泉浴场和海滨胜地的人们漠视我们的财富。
hush-hush
嘘声,秘密的
His job is very hush-hush.
他的工作要谨慎保密。
In the end he was forced to resign but it was all very hush-hush.
最后他被迫辞职,但这些全是秘密发生的。
You don't want to hush-hush his scandal to me.
你别想对我隐瞒他的丑事。
win-win
双赢
We are trying to establish a win-win relationship.
我们努力建立一种双赢的关系。
Free trade is not always a win-win situation.
自由贸易并非总是双赢局面。
fifty-fifty
对半(的);平分(的)
Why don't we go fifty-fifty?
要不我们对半分吧。
There’s a fifty-fifty chance you are right.
有50%的可能性你是对的。
no-no
禁忌,不允许的东西
We all know that cheating on our taxes is a no-no.
我们都知道偷税漏税是绝对不行的。
In the United States, asking the age of a lady is a big no-no.
在美国,问一位女士的年龄是一件绝对禁忌的事情。
so-so
马马虎虎,不好不坏的
Although you spoke highly of the film, I just feel it’s so-so.
不管你怎么夸耀那部影片,我还是觉得它一般般。
I only did so-so in the exam.
我在考试中考得一般。
go-go
活跃的;快速增长的
He’s a go-go person.
他是个十分活跃的人。
It will be a go-go business with pre-tax profits forecast to climb from $100 million last year to $200 million.
这项生意发展迅猛,税前盈利从去年的一亿发展到今年预计的两亿。