10个必看护牙知识!牙疼不是病,疼起来真的要命!

趣多多一年去口腔医院的次数比看病的次数还多

,从来不敢喝碳酸饮料的养老式护牙。

今天就和大家分享一些护牙知识!~

Ten mistakes you make when taking care of your teeth.
来看看你在护理牙齿时犯的十大错误。
Thousands of people ask themselves before their appointment at the dentist.
成千上万的人在看牙医之前都会这么问自己。
'What do I do wrong?'
“我做错了什么?”
I brush my teeth twice a day and still come to my dentist as regularly as if it was my job.
我每天刷两次牙,但仍然要定期去看牙医,这简直成了我的工作一样。
Are you one of these people? Do you believe that brushing your teeth twice a day keeps a doctor away?
你是这些人中的一员吗?你相信一天刷两次牙就能远离牙医吗?
We have a surprise for you. That s far from being enough for a perfect smile.
我们要给你一个惊喜。答案是要想获得一个完美的微笑,这远远不够。
Here are 10 major mistakes that we make when brushing your teeth.
下面就是我们在刷牙时常犯的10个主要错误。
We have also included the solutions of how to keep your smile healthy and beautiful for many years to come.
我们还将提供一些建议,让你的微笑在接下来的很多年都能保持健康美丽。

刷牙时太过用力

What is the problem if we do: the harder we press, the cleaner the teeth are, right?
这样做有什么问题呢:我们越用力,牙齿就越干净,不是吗?
Wrong.
错!
When we press the toothbrush too hard, its hairs bend and don t remove tooth deposits properly.
当我们太用力刷牙时,牙刷的毛会被压弯,从而无法有效地清除牙垢。
Additionally, it can lead to gum damage.
此外,这样做还会导致牙龈损伤。
So try not to be too pushy while cleaning your teeth.
所以在清洁牙齿时不要太用力。
For that very reason, also take into consideration that a softer toothbrush will be more effective.
出于这个原因,我们也应考虑到,柔软的牙刷会更有效。
What is more, choose the one with a small head.
更重要的是,要选择一个刷头小的。
It will be easier to reach all the corners of your mouth.
这样更有利于清洁嘴巴里的每个角落。

不注意饮食

We all know that eating too many sweet things can cause cavities.
我们都知道吃太多甜食会蛀牙。
However, to keep our teeth healthy we need to eat food that contains calcium, phosphorus and fluorine.
然而,为了保持牙齿健康,我们也需要吃富含钙、磷和氟的食物。
Here are some tips for you.
这里有一些给你的建议。
Food containing calcium: dairy products, fruits and vegetable skins, fish, beans…
富含钙的食物:乳制品、水皮蔬菜、鱼、豆类……
Foods containing phosphorus: fish, cereals, nuts, lentils…
富含磷的食物:鱼、谷物、坚果、扁豆……
Speaking about fluorine, we usually receive the necessary everyday dose of fluorine with water.
说到氟,我们通常通过喝水来摄入每天所需的氟。
However, if you live in a region where the water has a low concentration of fluorine, you should eat more foods containing this element such as milk, salt, etc.
然而,如果你生活的地区水中氟含量较低,你就应该多吃些含氟的食物,如牛奶,盐等。

不用额外的牙齿清洁设备

It doesn t matter how hard your toothbrush hairs are, they still can t remove tooth deposits completely.
不管你的牙刷毛有多硬,它仍然不能完全清除牙齿上的沉积物。
That is why it is important to clean the gaps between your teeth with dental floss.
这就是为什么用牙线来清洁牙隙是很重要的。
If the gaps are quite wide, you can use an interdental brush to annihilate bacteria, rinse your mouth with mouthwash.
如果牙隙较大,你可以用牙间刷毛来清除细菌,再用漱口水漱口。
You can also obtain an oral irrigator.
你也可以买个口腔冲洗器。
It is like a shower for your teeth and gums which you can use after each brushing session.
你可以在每次刷牙后使用,就像给你的牙齿和牙龈洗个澡。
A thin stream of water and interchangeable nozzles can clean your tongue and the gaps between your teeth and massage your gums.
细水柱和可替换的喷嘴可以清洁你的舌头和牙隙,并按摩牙龈。

用水漱口

Yes, it is shocking.
是的,这一点的确令人震惊。
Yes, you have been rinsing your mouth with water for all your life.
事实上我们一生都在用水漱口。
Old habits die hard, but there is one thing. When you use water after brushing your teeth, it removes all the useful fluoride received from toothpaste.
积习难改,但有一个问题。刷完牙后用水漱口,会去除牙膏中所有有益的氟化物。
It turns out that you ve been making an effort of a 3-minute brushing in vain. So instead of rinsing your mouth, just spit the toothpaste.
结果你花3分钟来刷牙,却是徒劳无功的。所以,与其用水漱口,还不如直接把牙膏吐掉。
Also you can use mouthwash, but try not to drink anything for about 30 minutes after brushing your teeth.
你也可以用漱口水,但刷牙后30分钟内不要喝任何东西。

不爱护牙龈

The health of your gums is vitally important if you want to avoid dental problems overall.
如果你想避免牙齿问题,牙龈的健康是至关重要的。
If your gums are weak and don t have a great enough blood supply, it can lead to periodontitis.
如果你的牙龈很脆弱,而且没有足够的血液供应,就会导致牙周炎。
With this disease, your gums bleed, becoming inflamed and soft, and you can eventually lose your teeth.
得了这种病,你的牙龈就会出血,发炎松动,最终导致牙齿脱落。
To make your gums stronger, you need to massage them with your toothbrush or finger with circular movements, eat solid food and chew it thoroughly.
为了让你的牙龈更强健,你需要用牙刷或手指做圆周运动来按摩它们,吃固体食物并彻底咀嚼。
You can also rinse your mouth and oak bark or sage teas or with a salt solution.
你也可以用橡树皮、鼠尾草液体或盐水漱口。
If your gums started bleeding, visit a dental hygienist immediately.
如果你的牙龈有出血现象,立即去看牙医。

不除牙结石

Let s first get some understanding what is this.
我们先来了解一下牙石是什么。
Tooth tartar is the hardened product of minerals from saliva and foods that accumulate in plaque around the teeth.
牙结石是由唾液和食物中积累在牙齿周围牙菌斑中的矿物质所形成的硬化物。
It has a yellowish brown color and can t be removed with a toothbrush.
它呈黄褐色,且无法用牙刷清除。
Dental plaque and tartar cause periodontal disease, including inflammation of bone surrounding the teeth.
牙菌斑和牙石会导致牙周疾病,包括牙齿周围骨骼的炎症。
Tartar can become as hard as a rock and only a dentist or dental hygienist can remove special tools.
牙石可以变得像石头一样坚硬,只有牙医或牙科保健师才能用特殊的工具取出。
Sounds dramatic and frightening, doesn t it?
听起来既戏剧化又吓人,不是吗?
What to do to prevent this situation from happening?
如何防止这种情况的发生呢?
Have a hygienic cleaning procedure at least once a year.
每年至少去进行一次卫生清洁。
Your dentist can advise you on the proper frequency for your teeth condition.
根据你的牙齿状况,你的牙医会建议你适当的频率。

因为年龄大了不戴牙套

A lot of people think they can make their teeth straight only during their teens.
很多人认为他们只有在十几岁的时候才能把牙齿变整齐。
When they are adults, they are sure it is too late to wear dental braces.
等到成年后,戴牙套已经太迟了。
But that s the wrong conclusion.
但这是错误的论断。
And you know what?
你知道吗?
A beautiful smile is not even the main reason to have the treatment.
拥有美丽的微笑甚至不是带牙套的主要原因。
If you have a problem with snagged teeth, it can lead to cavities and decay.
如果你的牙齿有问题,就会导致蛀牙和衰脱。
If you feel embarrassed to wear regular braces, you can always choose invisible lingual ones which are placed on the back side of your teeth.
如果你觉得戴普通牙套很尴尬,你可以选择戴在牙齿背面的隐形牙套。
Don t hesitate to make an appointment with an orthodontist.
不要犹豫,去和牙齿矫正医生预约吧。

习惯于用嘴的一边咀嚼

Why is it so important?
为什么这如此重要呢?
First of all, chewing has self-cleansing properties.
首先,咀嚼具有自我清洁的作用。
So if you chew food only on one side of your mouth, it can lead to cavities and decay on the side you don t typically use.
因此,如果你只用一边来咀嚼食物,可能会导致你不常用的那边出现蛀牙。
Apart from that, chewing food on one side of the mouth causes thick and strong muscles on that side.
除此之外,用嘴的一边咀嚼食物会加强那边的肌肉,使其变厚。
This way, the muscles on each side of the face will become asymmetric.
这样,脸两边的肌肉就会变得不对称。
Eventually it can lead to pain and even hearing problems.
最终会导致疼痛甚至听力问题。
Pay attention when eating. Try to chew your food on both sides of your mouth.
所以吃饭的时候要注意。试着用嘴的两边咀嚼食物。
Don t forget to eat solid food such as fruits and vegetables.
同时也要多吃比如水果和蔬菜这样的固体食物。
It will make your teeth stronger.
这会使你的牙齿更强健。

牙刷放在浴室里

Lots of people make this mistake.
很多人都会犯这个错误。
And why not? It s convenient and your toothbrush seems to belong there.
为什么不能这样呢?这很方便,而且你的牙刷似乎属于这里。
The answer is simple – germs.
答案很简单——细菌。
If you share the bathroom with other people, especially kids, you exchange germs in any case.
如果你和别人共用浴室,尤其是和孩子们,无论如何你们都会交换细菌。
What is worse, if you flush the toilet, whatever was in the bowl is sprayed around in tiny splatters.
更糟糕的是,冲厕所的时候,无论马桶里是什么都会溅出小水花。
It contaminates your toothbrush and you can imagine the outcome.
这会污染你的牙刷,后果可想而知。
A good idea is at least to cover your toothbrush with a lid, but better still keep it in your cabinet or nightstand and always close the lid of the toilet bowl before you flush.
至少用盖子护住牙刷,但更佳的解决方式还是把它放在橱柜或床头柜里,同时,在冲马桶前一定要盖上马桶盖。

没有教孩子正确护理牙齿

Some parents think there is no need to take proper care of milk teeth because they are temporary.
一些家长认为没有必要好好护理乳牙,因为乳牙是会脱落的。
But a child still needs to know what is right and what is wrong.
但孩子们仍然需要知道怎样做是对的。
The teeth will change but the habit will stay.
牙齿会脱落,但习惯会保留下来。
The process of brushing teeth should last for at least three minutes and the brush should be moved up and down.
刷牙的过程至少要持续三分钟,而且要上下移动牙刷。
The thing is that the enamel on children s permanent teeth is not as strong as that of adults  teeth.
儿童乳牙的牙釉质没有成年人的坚固。
Eat and the grooves fissures on their grinding teeth are deeper, which is why the food particles are not so easy to brush away.
吃东西时,他们咬合牙齿上的沟槽会加深,这就是为什么食物颗粒不太容易被刷掉的原因。
Teach your children to brush their teeth carefully.
所以要教导孩子认真刷牙啊。

英文来源:BBC英语、India Teeth

(0)

相关推荐