《纽约时报》9条建议,让你的2021年过得更健康

英语口语

此生能遇见你,已然

幸福得一塌糊涂

Jimmy's Note

吉米老师前言:去行动,去做自己,去把生活过得更好。

健康生活

图文来自网络,仅作交流学习使用,如侵权请联系后台删除

2021,愿你健健康康,平平安安。
《纽约时报》(The New York Times)发表9条建议,让你在新的一年里健健康康地生活。

10 Habits of Healthy People - How To Live Longer
9 Ways to Live Healthier in 2021
9条建议,让你的2021年过得更健康

The New York Times
By Tim Herrera
《纽约时报》Tim Herrera
We all should eat better, exercise regularly and get more sleep. We hear those three pieces of advice so often it can be easy to drown them out. But there’s a reason this advice has become so cliché: Combined, they truly can result in a healthier life, physically and mentally.
我们都应该吃得更好、经常锻炼、睡得更多。这三点建议我们听了那么多,以至于很容易被抛到九霄云外。但这些建议能变成老生常谈是有原因的:它们同时也确实能带给我们一个身心都更为健康的生活。
But where should you begin? We’re here to help.
但要从哪儿下手?让我们来帮你。
Below is the best advice from The Times on ensuring that your body and mind are in top shape in 2021, whatever that means for you.
以下便是《纽约时报》为了确保你在2021年身心都能处于最佳状态而给出的最佳建议——不论你对这个最佳状态是如何理解。
Whether you’ve been trying to sleep better, establish an exercise routine or finally give your house the deep clean it deserves, we’ve got you covered.
不论你是在努力实现更好的睡眠,还是在试着建立起一个运动习惯,或是终于动手给你家的房子一个应得的深度清理,我们都有办法。
◉ Finally fix your sleeping hygiene
   彻底调整好你的睡眠习惯

It seems like such a simple problem to fix: Get more sleep.
这看起来像一个很容易解决的简单问题:多睡一些。
But how? In this Times guide to getting a better night’s rest, you’ll learn how to create and maintain positive sleep habits, find a nighttime ritual that works for you, figure out when you should even be sleeping and much, much more.
但怎么做?在这个《纽约时报》的指南中,你将学习如何建立和保持积极的睡眠习惯,找到适合你的夜间习惯,明白应该在什么时候睡觉等等。
Try biking to work
   试着骑车上班

Yes, biking to work can be a daunting prospect.
是的,骑车上班或许是一个令人望而却步的设想。
But in this simple how-to guide, we’ll teach you the rules of the road and the best ways to stay safe.
但在这个简单的指南中,我们将传授给你路上的规矩和保证安全的最佳方法。
Learn to manage your stress
   学会管理压力

Stress can impact both your mental and physical health, so as you move into the new year it’s important to get a handle on yours.
你的身心健康都会受到压力的影响,因此,迈入新的一年,学会控制你的压力很重要。
Never done a downward dog? Give it a try
   从没试过下犬式(瑜伽的一种)?试试吧

Like stress, yoga is something that can impact both your mental and physical well-being, but in an incredibly positive way.
和压力一样,瑜伽也能影响你的身心状况,不过这是一个非常积极的影响。
Clean home, clean life
   干净的家,干净的生活

A new year means new beginnings, so give your home a makeover with our comprehensive guide to cleaning out every room, nook and cranny.
新的一年意味着新的开始,因此,清扫每一个房间、每一个角落、每一个缝隙,给家里来一个大改造吧。
Save time on your workouts
   节省锻炼的时间

Working out certainly can end up consuming large chunks of your day or week, but that doesn’t have to be the case.
锻炼无疑会占用你一天或一周之中的一大块时间,但其实不一定必须如此。


Conquer your negative thinking
   克服你的负面想法

Here’s a New Year’s challenge for the mind: Make this the year that you quiet all those negative thoughts swirling around your brain.
来一个新年的思想挑战吧:让今年成为你平息脑海中所有不停盘旋的负面思想的一年。
Strengthen those muscles
锻炼肌肉力量

Strength training can be crucial to your health goals, but it’s not always easy to know where to start.
力量训练对你的健康目标非常重要,但要知道从何下手并非总是一件易事。
This guide to strength training solves that problem, giving you a simple-yet-effective nine-minute routine you can do practically anywhere.
这个力量训练指南解决了这个问题,为你提供了一个简单而有效的9分钟常规训练,你可以在任何地方进行练习。
Go for a run
    去跑步
A recent study found that runners tend to live about three years longer than nonrunners, even if they run slowly or sporadically and smoke, drink or are overweight.
最近的一项研究发现,跑步的人往往能比不跑步的人多活三年,即使他们跑的很慢、偶尔跑跑,或是抽烟、喝酒、肥胖。
No other form of exercise that researchers looked at showed comparable impacts on life span. Get out there!
在被研究过的运动中,没有哪种运动对寿命的影响可以和跑步相比了。快出去跑吧!
注:中文文本为纽约时报编译,仅供参考
- ◆ -
编辑 | Azhi
(0)

相关推荐