【你不可不知的英文表达】Far from it.

你一定听到过这个表达:

Far from it.

这是一个非常常用的表达,它的字面含义是指距离远,实际应用中常指对方所说相差甚远,甚至是相反的,可以理解为:

差得远;远非如此;一点也不

I don't think so. Far from it.

我不这么认为,一点也不。

A: Does this hat look strange?

这帽子看上去奇怪吗?

B: Far from it. It looks good on you.

一点也不。你戴着很漂亮。

A: Are you bored?

你烦了吗?

B: Far from it. I could listen all night.

一点也不。我能听整个晚上。

A: Are you ready?

你好了吗?

B: Far from it, I’m afraid.

我恐怕还差得远呢。

I'm no pessimist – far from it, I’m an optimist.

我不是悲观的人——恰恰相反,我是个乐观的人。

Jimmy, selfish? Far from it
he's probably one of the kindest people I know.

说吉米自私?恰恰相反——他可能是我知道的最善良的人之一。

We do not live in a perfect society, far from it.

我们并非生活在一个完美的社会里,远非如此。

Now it's your time to open your mouth and practice!

张开嘴巴练起来!

Have fun learning English!


(0)

相关推荐