我被老客户坑破产了 I went bankrupt because of an existing Client
转载须Mike授权并注明来源:公众号-Mike外贸说
I went bankrupt because of an existing Client
别吃惊,我是在说别人。
Don't be surprised. I'm just talking about others.
老实说,听到这个消息时,我还真的为此感到惋惜。
To be honest, I feel really sorry for hearing this.
我曾经和这个老板合作过,在他那里走过床垫的货物到爱沙尼亚。
I once worked together with him regarding a mattress order for a client from Estonia.
我们过去看了一下他的工厂,谈了谈订单的事情,之后就决定在这里开始操作批量生产了。
We went check his factory and talked about the details of this mattress order. Then we decided to work with him for the mass production.
和他合作的原因是他的工厂从材料生产到成品制作,设施都很齐全,重点是,听他说话,感觉人应该还不错。
The reason we decided to work with him is that his factory was well equipped with full production lines from material production to finished mattress manufacturing.
The point is, judging by his words, he seems to be a nice guy.
谈判过后,他开车把我送回自己的住处,期间接到一个来自韩国的电话,聊天用的中文。
After talks, he drove us to our building. He received a call from Korea during the ride, chatting in Chinese.
之后他很骄傲的跟我讲,刚才打电话的,是他最大的一个客户,来自韩国,彼此业务来往很频繁。
He then proudly told me that the person who called him just now is his biggest client, from South Korea, with frequent business dealings.
然而,我今年就听到了他破产的消息,而且正是拜这个最大的客户所赐。
However, I just heard the news of his bankruptcy this year, which was just because of this biggest client of him.
他怎么会破产呢?
Why did he go bankrupt?
大家都知道现在竞争剧烈,每个公司都是顶着巨大的压力在努力求存。
As we all know that the competition is pretty strong nowadays. Each company is working hard for surviving from this huge pressure.
价格战已经是愈演愈烈的问题了。
The price competition has been worse and worse.
于是,很多公司在其他方面极力寻求差异,希望留住客户。
Therefore, many companies are trying their best to look for different service on other aspects, wishing that they could keep their clients stay with them.
一些公司开始在付款方式上想办法。
Some companies begin to seek opportunities on the payment terms.
于是一些公司开始做赊销。
Then, some companies begin to use OA as the payment terms.
而且他们对合作很久的客户绝对信任。
What's more, they absolutely trust their existing clients.
于是,尽管一直在催客户结账,还是一拖再拖。
So, the payments are delayed time after time, though the sellers always try their best to urge their client to transfer the money.
很多人担心不发货,之前的货款也很难拿回来了。
Many people worry that the payment for past orders cannot be collected from their clients if they stop supplying them with goods.
于是他们越陷越深。
So they get themselves trapped deeper and deeper.
这个人也是一样,一直没能收回之前的货款,但是不得不一次又一次的为新的订单发货。
This guy just experienced the same and he can hardly get back the payment for past orders. But he had to provide this client with ready goods for new orders.
于是,终于有一天,他坐不住了,坐飞机去了韩国,找客户要货款。
So, one day, he finally could not stand this anymore and flew to South Korea for the payment collection.
见到客户后,客户拿出了一系列文件,讲述关于他发的产品的问题。
Finally, when he saw the client, they took out many documents talking about the problems regarding the products he sent.
客户要求他返厂换货,否则就别再提货款的事情。
The client required that he take all items with problems back to his factory and send them new ones, or just forget the payment.
其实,对方只是在找借口而已,产品问题真的严重到难以销售,客户还会一次又一次的要货,知道他飞过来么?
In fact, the client was just finding some excuses. Would they keep placing new orders until he flew here if the products are with very serious problems against selling?
结局可想而知,他只能自己又飞回来了。
The result is obvious, he had to fly back to China.
所以,大家不要觉得是老客户就完全信任,更要加小心。
So, don't absolutely trust your existing clients. You've got to be more cautious.
Mike希望带给大家的是一种思维模式,而不是行为模式。
如何提高谈判技能
How to improve your communication skills
The Hidden Scam Behind the Bank Slip
Business negotiation drives me crazy often.
Negotiation in fear, Order Missed in Confusion
Don't quit when your customer says NO
Are you able to make money out of nothing?