笑是良药,可缩近距离,解决烦恼 | 生活外刊
Laughter is so important. Laughter is medicine.
笑如此重要,笑是良药。
Laughter is the shortest distance between two people, one of the best gifts we've ever been given.
笑让两个人之间的距离最短,是我们收到的最好的礼物之一。
I've been doing stand-up for 15 years.
我做了15年的单人脱口秀。
So, I've seen all different kinds of laughers.
所以,我听过各种各样的笑声。
There's the inside laugher, they don't make any noise, they 're always just like.
其中有发自内心的笑声,不会制造任何噪音,总是如此。
Insecure touchy laughers, they always need reassurance.
如若有些人发出不安全的敏感的笑声,他们总是需要安慰。
They always, "Did you see that?" Like, "Yeah, I heard that. We're at the same show."
他们总是问:“你明白吗?”比如,“是的,我听见了,我们在同一个节目。
Oh, The Snorter, my favorite, you know.
噢,你知道,《The Snorter》是我最喜欢的节目。
It's like such a compliment when you get a snort except you feel bad for their spouse.
除非为他们的另一半感到难过,否则他们的哼 声就是对你的赞美。
You' re like а dang, you' re like every morning,"Honey," I'm like, "Oh my God."
该死的家伙,你每天早上都会说“亲爱的”,我就会说“哦,我的天啊”。
I was born and raised in Burbank, California right here over the mountain and I'm the last of five kids.
我在加州的伯班克出生长大,就在这座山的这边,我是五个孩子中最小的。
Two older brothers, two older sisters. They 're all two years apart and I'm the fifth. I'm 10 years apart.
我有两个哥哥,两个姐姐。他们都相差两岁,我是第五个孩子,跟第四个孩子差10岁。
So, I'm an accident, pretty obvious.
所以,很明显,我是个意外。
You know, so when I was a kid, I asked my dad, you know, "Papa, am I an accident?" And he said, "There are no accidents in God's Kingdom, only regret."
你知道,当我还是个孩子时,我问爸爸,“爸爸,我是个意外吗?”他说:“在上帝的国度里没有意外,只有遗憾。”
My dad disciplined us.
爸爸管教我们。
You guys know, you know, some of you guys, "It hurts me more than it hurts you."
你知道,你们中的一些人知道,“严 格的管教对我的伤害远大于对你们的伤害。”
My dad was the pastor of а huge church.
我爸爸是一个大教堂的牧师。
So, being a preacher's kid, you're not allowed to listen to the radio, watch, you know, certain kinds ofTV.
所以,作为一个传教士的孩子,我不被允许听收音机或者看某些类型的电视节目。
So, the first time my friend let me listen to Eddie Murphy - Delirious on tape and he's cursing and he's just making everybody laugh,I was like, "Wait, what is this?"
所以,我朋友第一次让我听艾迪 .墨菲的歌时,他在骂人,在让每个人大笑,我就想,“等等,这是什么?”
Preachers always said what you' re supposed to say. You have to stick to the guidelines.
牧师总是说该说的话。你必须遵守原则。
But comedians always said what people are thinking but were afraid to say.
是,喜剧演员总是说人们想说却不敢说的话。
A lot of times I was the only Asian amongst а lot of white kids.
很多时候,我是众多白人小孩中唯一的亚洲人。
I was really skinny. They called me Chopsticks, Indiana Bones, Chicken Legs.
我真的很瘦,他们叫我“筷子”,“印第安纳骨头”,“鸡腿”。
You know, like I was the skinniest kid, like,you could just tie a string around me and I would just fly away like a kite.
你知道,我最瘦,只要在我身上系一根线,我就会像风筝一样飞走。
I was so skinny, I was bullied.
因为太瘦,我被人欺负。
Always made to feel inferior, even though they weren't even doing it on purpose.
即使他们并非故意,但这总是让我感到自卑。
That's how I started doing comedy because I could take away the power of that, them making fun of me, by being funny.
这就是我开始做喜剧的原因,因为我可以通过搞笑让自己开心来消除自卑。
I have kids. My last name is Kim.
我有孩子,我姓金。
I really wanted my son to be а leader, soI was going to name him Martin Luther Kim.
我真的希望,我的儿子能成为一名领袖,所以,我打算给他取名马丁.路德.金。
My second choice was Abraham Linkim, but we don't want to put pressure, so we named him Lion.
我的第二个选择是亚伯拉罕.林金,但是,我们不想给他施加压力,所以,我们给他取名莱昂。
He's the Lion Kim.
他叫莱昂.金。
I have the best parents and the best older brothers and sisters ever.
我有最好的父母和哥哥姐姐。
I've had so many conversations with friends who've had just so many bad family situations, like most.
我和朋友聊过很多次,和大多数人一样,他们都有着糟糕的原生家庭。
My dad was worried but I'm always going to be thankful because he came to one comedy show and then he died suddenly after.
我爸爸很担心,但是,我总是心存感激,他去看了一场喜剧表演,然后突然去世了。
So, I'm always going to have that memory of him.
所以,我将永远记住他。
He came. And you know, when you do talk about your ethnicity а lot, a lot of comedians,a lot of comments that like, "See, it's all they do. They talk about", you know.
他来了。你知道,当你谈论你的种族时,很多喜剧演员会说,“看,这就是他们做的,他们谈论的...
But just because a lot of them, they don't understand what it's like to be the only one of a different color in the room.
只是因为很多人不理解作为房间里唯一一个不同肤色的人的感觉。
They have never felt that.
他们从未有过这种感觉。
When I walked onto the stage, I used to get butterflies, but I have performed for so long now, I don't feel that anymore.
走上舞台时,我经常很紧张,但是,我已经做了很长时间,现在已经不紧张了。
But it is, it's the best rush and by far, making people laugh and helping them forget about their problems is the best drug.
但是,这是最好的感觉,到目前为止,让人们开怀大笑,帮助他们忘记自己的问题是良药。
Oh yeah, that's how my people do it. Thankyou very much.
是的,我就是这么做的。感谢观看。